Monday, September 29, 2008

A Few Bathroom Additions


I am still working on my red,black, and white guest bathroom. I already showed you the Paris calendar prints I framed and hung in there. I hotglued some fabric to a placemat and put in on the countertop to sit things on. I have had the Paris hot balloon for awhile. I bought the wooden bunny at a yard sale and the spindle base at Goodwill. The spindle was the body of a patriotic angel painted red, white, and blue with stars on it. I painted it black and screwed the bunny to the top. I love how it turned out!!! Kind of looks like a bunny weathervane. I ordered the mongrammed shower curtain from Ballards Designs. I absolutely love their stuff! I have only ordered two things from them. I like to look at their catalog and get ideas and try to think of ways to copy their stuff in a cheap way.

We had a pretty busy weekend. My husband is still putting in new windows in our house. He did the living room, dining room, and office this weekend. He only has two rooms to go. It is so nice to have new windows - no mildew and no paint flaking off! I am so glad we finally decided to do it. Hope y'all have a great Monday!

18 comments:

momof4azkids said...

I love the monogrammed shower curtain. Our "guest" bath is a host to frogs and dragonflies. When the kiddos grow up, I'm hoping to change to something like what you've done. Beautiful!

Bamawhitney said...

love the shower curtain, the same one with black is in my daughters bath! I agree, Ballard is great!

Anonymous said...

oh so pretty......I'm looking up Ballard right now.

Michelle said...

Very nice! We have all new windows too. Most of them were put in last year, and we finished them up this year. Makes you feel really good about saving energy, and they look so nice!

joelandbecca said...

That shower curtain is amazing! Ballard is great-I get the catalog too for ideas. That bathroom is turning out so great! I love your attention to detail!

Lorie said...

I love that little Toile lampe! So cute!

Tara said...

Very cute!! Very creative too! Love the ideas and colors...hum...I need to finish 2 more bathrooms...thanks for the ideas!!

Shell in your Pocket said...

I love love...did I say love..the monogrammed shower curtain! I would monogram everything I wear if I could! I just love the look! I love the decor in your bathroom...so sweet!
-Sandy toes

Heather said...

I am so wanting new windows but we have 16 windows in our 110 year old house. 12 that are 6 feet tall. I don't want to begin to think about the price of them. Your shower curtain is so cute!

Wendy said...

I love the rabbit and the damask. And I always love a monogram!

Mimi Sue said...

I love Ballard too. Wish I could afford their stuff! I didn't make the Dream thing. I bought it at Marshalls on clearance and hung it over our bed. Wouldn't be hard to make though. Mimi

Marie said...

I'm a huge Ballards fan too! Your bathroom looks very pretty!

jennykate77 said...

I love the Paris hot air balloon and the rabbit...soooo cute! The shower curtain a fabulous! Thanks for sharing!

trish said...

Hi Angie,
I really like what you are doing in your bathroom. Everything ties together so nicely! Love the bunny! I have bunnies all over my house too! I just found out today that bunny toile is coming in brown now...they are discontinuing the green! I.Love.Brown. Another color I am trying to incorporate! :o) When my office is painted brown, it will sure add the touch I am aiming for.
Have a wonderful day!
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

I think that has turned out great so far. I like your rabbit and what you did with the spindle base. That looks great!
I love Ballard's too, great store, and great idea place!
Blessings,
Debbie

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Wow! Who wouldn't want to be a guest there? You are doing a lovely job!!
M.L.

Trixi said...

It all looks great!! I love the shower curtain too. So simple and elegant.

Unknown said...

Looks great, did u get that Hot Air Balloon in Vegas? I have the same one I bought in Vegas a the Hotel Paris, which i would love to stay someday. I love Ballard Designs too, but they can be expensive , but it gives me inspiration too. mishelle