Tuesday, September 16, 2008

New Bathroom Pictures and a Game of Tag



I have been trying to add some black and white things in my guest bathroom. I thought I needed some new artwork so I used some pictures from a Paris calendar I had. I already had some $5 Walmart frames so I painted them black. I had to use some scrapbook paper behind the pictures because they didn't exactly fit the frame. I did a post back on August 14th about using calendar prints for artwork if you want to take a look at it. I think they turned out pretty good. I'll have to show you the rest of the bathroom when I'm done if I can get some decent pictures. It's not easy taking pictures in a small bathroom!

I was tagged yesterday by Jackie at Empty Nest Full of Life to list 6 random things about myself and tag 6 others to do the same. Here are my 6 things:
1. I am a former elementary school teacher.
2. I went to a Christian school from 10th - 12th grade and we had 12 people in our graduating class.
3. My husband and I started dating in high school when I was a senior and he was a junior.
4. I have loved decorating for as long as I can remember. My mom used to find my room totally rearranged and couldn't believe I had moved the furniture by myself.
5. I didn't think I wanted children and now I have a 14 month old who I love more than anything and can't imagine life without him.
6. I am a passionate animal lover and wish people were more educated and cared more about animal welfare issues.

The 6 people I am tagging are: Tricia Anne at Notes of Sincerity, Sue at The Cotton Patch, Julie at Orchard Street Cottage, Kim at Seasons of My Heart, Michelle at Just Simple Joys, and M.L. at The House of Whimsy.

14 comments:

Queen Bean said...

I love the black, white and red combo and am loving the toile! Deana

Anonymous said...

Nice blog!

thank you for the viewing.

A fellow blogger,

Terry

Trixi said...

They look great and that red is sooo dramatic.

Shannon said...

This looks so good! I love the idea of cheap art that looks expensive! I love the colors too!

Wendy said...

Nice job on the framed photos.

Marie said...

Your bathroom looks wonderful! I love the idea of framing calendar art. I think it's a wonderful way to get "cheap" art and some calendars are real works of art!

Georgia Girl said...

Oh I remember that post about frameing calendars...Smart thing, I never even would have thought of that. Love the pics...I have just realized about doing postcards in frames. Had to do a couple of GA Dawgs for sons room. So much cheaper than buying those prints in the store.

Interesting facts about yourself. I love animals also...so many at our home in the country. Saw where your in South Georgia...Mind me asking where. I am in Rentz, near Dublin.

kristin said...

I love your colors. I also loved how your mirror is framed. Did you do this yourself or did it come like that? If you did it, I would love to know how. Thanks for sharing. kristin

Kim@Seasons of My Heart said...

I so love your blog.....your home is so warm and inviting...makes me want to sip a cup of coffee with you!!

I also enjoyed reading your 6 random things....I'll get working on mine.

cherry said...

Gorgeous bath girlie...sheeeeeeeek. cherry

trish said...

Good Morning Angie!
I love your bathroom! Very pretty!!
You would not believe how many times I have hunted for old calenders since reading your post about framing the pictures! :o) Plus I made my first covered mat the other day. It is only for a 5x7 frame, but getting the hang of it on a small scale.
Last evening I was heading to church and a woman was stopped in the middle of the road with a black lab in her car and asking if he was mine. You don't know how bad I wanted to take him home! He was on the front seat with her and I swear he was smiling! :o) People in the country do not keep their pets close to home, and sadly a lot of times, they are either injured or worse.
I will get started on my list this morning!! Thanks for including me. I love doing stuff like this! Yours was fun to read too!!
Your signs in your yard are cute! Love the brick and ivy!! Beautiful!
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

Anonymous said...

I really like this look! Good job.

The Chatty Housewife said...

Your fleur de lis stencil looks like an evil face on that pumpkin and now I can't get that image out of my head, so it looks like an evil face on the other items too lol!

Susie Q said...

What year did you graduate? I was in a Christian school my Sr. year...there were 12 of us.