Monday, July 14, 2008

L-O-N-G day tomorrow

Oh, do I have a long day ahead of me tomorrow! We are having elections in my city and I am working at the polls. I have to be there at 6AM and will probably be there until 8 or after. My mom and a lot of her friends are working also so we'll have fun talking and catching up. I won't get to see my son until I get home - I'll miss him! I am so used to being with him all day every day. He will be with his Mimi and Poppy (my husband's parents). We are so blessed because we live in the town we grew up in and both sets of grandparents live here too. It's great to have ready and willing babysitters!

How do you like my colorful blog with the toile and checks. I love both those wallpaper patterns! I could look at wallpaper and fabric all day because I LOVE pattern. I love seeing toiles, checks, and florals together in a room. It's not an easy thing to do and I am not the greatest at it. I usually try to copy things I've seen in magazines and books. I especially love all the magazines Better Homes and Gardens puts out. Most everything in there is beautiful! Well, except for the modern stuff. Sorry, but it is just not my style and I can't imagine that it ever will be. It just doesn't seem very cozy and inviting to me. But, I guess we all have our own ideas about what is cozy and inviting. I have way too much stuff around to be modern. I am going to try to do a post either tomorrow or Wed. with some pictures of my house. My husband has got to figure out how to do it and then try to teach me. Lord, help him! I am sooooo impatient about the computer. I want it to do what I want it to do and I get irate if it doesn't and then just give up. My husband will stay with something until he figures it out. I am so glad I didn't marry someone like me. Well, I've got to get prepared for my long day tomorrow. Have a great night and a great Tuesday!

1 comment:

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Angie, welcome to blogging! Thanks for stopping by & leaving me a note. I hope you'll come back often!

Rhoda